Saturday, June 4, 2011

A Little More Corn

I wasn't planning on planting any corn this year but I was given 5 transplants and so I put them in. I didn't think it would be enough to eat or even pollinate right so I was going to go get another six pack in a week or two. And then even though those plants would be younger maybe they could all still pollinate and for me all of the corn would not be ready at one time.
There are three tomato plants behind the first row of corn and they were intruding on the corn and there were about 10 volunteer tomato plants that had to be pulled out of there. Those volunteer tomatoes were cherry tomatoes and I all ready have too many of those.
I went all over the place and nobody had corn transplants. I finally found them, but that has now been about a month later, so the pollination idea I don't think will work but hopefully I'll still get some corn.
I should have gotten more corn to fill in the extra room but didn't so I put down some turnip seeds to fill that space.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]






Your Ad Here