Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Lawn Repair


The lawn in this yard really went to trash at the end of last year because of the two dogs that were here. The result was that there were more weeds than Bermuda grass.
I have been pulling out the weeds in small sections at a time and with water the grass is coming back.
In some of the areas after I pulled out the weeds I covered it with steer manure. Those areas of course responded much better.
The bare areas in the first photo are where I had already pulled out the major weeds before. I still had to go through and get the smaller ones.


My problem is that I can't just take and put the manure from the bag and spread it on the lawn. I need to put on my rubber gloves and break up all of the clumps in there and as I'm rubbing though that I pull out the small rocks that are in there. They have no place in the lawn. To fill a five gallon bucket takes about an hour. After that I take that manure and screen it. The end result is a very lite and fine manure. Really nice if you can say that about manure. The screening takes a long time to fill a five gallon bucket.
That whole process was taking way too much time, so even though it's killing me I decided to at least skip the screening process other wise it would take me about five years to do the back lawn.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]






Your Ad Here