Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Cleaning Things Up

This area around the fig tree has needed some cleaning up for a long time. It never gets fertilized on a regular basis and for most of the year there is too much shade here to grow vegetables.
The Oregano I had in front of the fig tree was nice to have but I don't like things that spread on the ground because they just seem to create a home for bugs and snails that I don't need. On top of that when the new dog arrived he decided that that area was a great place to piss and then scratch out the ground after that. So lets just say that maybe that Oregano is not something I really want to cook with. A while back I did cut some with the roots attached and potted that up and I think that I will like the Oregano in a pot better. On the left side is what I consider part of the Patio Garden and there was a small grass strip between that and the Fig. I removed the grass to kind of make it one garden. Where the Oregano was I put in three green bean transplants. On the patio side past where the tomato is I cleaned that up and planted an eggplant and another green bean and some Celantro where the grass was. To finish it off I think I can put down some Bok Choy seed behind the green beans and maybe a few more to the right of the Celantro.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]






Your Ad Here