Saturday, May 21, 2011

Too Many Plants In One Pot


This year all of the transplants that I have put in the garden I have had to buy. I would much rather start my own plants from seed, but that never happened this year.
The problem with buying from garden centers is that they just don't have the selection and many times the plants just don't look good.
I also hate the fact that the growers jam a bunch of seeds into one pot or cell in the hopes that at least one will come up. If there are two or even three transplants in a cell I will pull them apart and plant them individually.
Having said that I went looking for some eggplant. One six pack would have been too many, so I was really looking for a couple of 4" size pots. I wanted the Japanese style eggplant rather than the large egg shaped type. All I could find was this one pot of Japanese Millionaire. Not that it looks great here but it looked worse at the store. After taking a rock to hold it down and letting it soak in a five gallon bucket of water for a couple of hours it looked better the next day.
There were six plants in here and I have two in the ground so far. Hope to get the rest planted this week.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]






Your Ad Here