Sunday, May 13, 2007

Yellow Rose

This rose bush did pretty good last year considering it wasn't cut back until about mid April. It only got fertilizer from whatever leached over from the right side of it where some tomatoes were growing.
This year I cut it back in January, feed it compost and manure and it's doing great. Before the buds opened I sprayed the bush with Neem. Most of these flowers I'll cut off now and spray the bush with Neem again.
Last year this bush did have some diseases and spider problems. This year the fertilizer helped but I think the Neem helped things along also.
With temperatures between 80 and 100 I'll have to wait till the temperatures cool down a bit before I can spray. The Neem is suppose to be sprayed every 7 days if you have a problem or every 14 days to keep things under control. It's been over a month since I sprayed this bush mainly because I didn't want to spray it while it was in full bloom. However I my be hooked on Neem for the roses.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]






Your Ad Here