Thursday, April 12, 2007

I Think It's Spring


One of these days I really need to stop and figure out what season it is and plant accordingly. Looking at gardening books and magazines I never really see pictures of the same grouping of vegetables that I have for any particular season.
The photo of this particular garden has Broccoli,Cauliflower, Brussels Sprout and a Tomato plant just for fun. Is it winter or summer? Oh yea it's spring.
I've been harvesting the Broccoli. The Cauliflower and Brussels Sprout are not close to being ready as I planted them late and it has just been too warm. I have ten Brussels Sprout planted in different gardens so having to pull a few up to make room for Tomatoes and Peppers won't kill me.
The tomato is doing great. I can't wait to start picking those. The last Tomatoes I picked from the garden were on February 1. My Goal this year is to be able to pick Tomatoes year round.
In Southern California it's possible.



Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]






Your Ad Here