Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Time To Move The Sage

SageBack in May I had gotten 2 / 4" Sage and 2 / 4" Lemon Thyme plants. They came from Home Depot, so I don't have the vaeriety for the sage. Both of the Lemon Thyme plants lasted about 3 months and then died. Not sure why, both were planted in different plots as were the Sage.
Both of the sage plants have done OK even after one of them was covered for a few months by melon vines, Sweet Barcelona Hybrid. After the melons were done and the vines were removed the Sage plant made a nice recovery.
The Sage in the first photo was put in an area that was the first plot in which I removed all of the soil down to a depth of about 2 1/2 feet and then but it back with a mixture of compost and manure. This plot produced nice Cherry Tomatoes, Early Girl Tomatoes and Bell Peppers. The soil here is perfect but now needs to have new compost tilled into it to be ready for new plants, so it's time to move the Sage. I don't want it here anymore because I want to keep digging new compost into this plot each time I put in new plants, so the sage is just in the way.
A few months ago I had taken a volunteer King Palm out of the ground and put it in a large pot. It has now recovered from the transplanting, but why waste the space around the Palm, so I had been thinking of putting some Spinach in there.
So with nowhere else to go with it I started to divide the Sage and put 4 of them in with the palm. They should recover and cover nicely, but I still have to find a home for about 10 more plants once I finish dividing it.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]






Your Ad Here